A brief look at some church and community events for you to consider:
Church and Community Events
Sunday Dec 8 & Monday Dec 9
Messiah performance at the Heritage Theater
Thursday Dec 12
Sunday Dec 15
CPC Children’s Christmas Pageant
Cookie potluck to follow
Bring your favorites!
Wednesday Dec 18
Red Rock Singers concert
Thorley Hall SUU
Friday Dec 20
Village Voices & Southern Utah Children’s Choir
Community Presbyterian Church
Tuesday Dec 24
CPC Christmas Eve services
5 p.m. & 7 p.m.
Bring canned Ham for Care and Share during December!!
December 7th: Children's Pageant rehearsal 1:30-3, followed by Family Christmas Caroling and dessert, 3-5:30.
December 8th: All Church 2nd Sunday Potluck/Birthday Sunday. Bring a winter dish!
Iron County Acoustic Music Association welcomes the holiday season with the Many Miles Acoustic Duo, Friday, December 13, at 7 PM in the CPC Fellowship Hall. The husband and wife team of Dave Tate and Victoria Lagerstrom bring a mix of hybrid of rock, soul, funk, and folk, channeled through Dave’s pop/rock songwriting and Victoria’s soulful vocals. Seasonal songs will also be featured in their set. Check out their music at www.manymiles band.com. $5 suggested donation.
December 15th: Christmas Cookie Potluck in the Welcome Center after the Children's Pageant. If you can, bring some homemade Christmas cookies, but any cookies will be accepted. ;)
: to decorate the sanctuary for Christmas can be brought to the office anytime following the Christmas pageant on Dec 15. Please write your name on the bottom of your plant so that you can take it home after the services on Christmas Eve
December 24th: Christmas Eve Services, 5pm and 7pm
- Coffee fellowship-Join your church family and friends in the church Welcome Center before the worship service for a cup of coffee or tea. Our time for fellowship will begin at 9:30 am and continue until the service begins. Please feel welcome to bring a plate of cookies, donut holes, small finger food treats!-Thanks!
- Calling all women! Do you like to sing? Now’s your chance to join the Women’s Ensemble. Jolene Heit is our director and Beth Gaines is our accompanist. No auditions! Come join the fun!
- Romans Bible Study has begun: Pastor Nancy is leading a new Bible study on the book of Romans. We meet at 3pm on Thursdays and will use Community Bible Study’s Engaging God’s Word workbook. If you would like to come, please contact Pastor Nancy so she can order you a book. email@example.com
- Bible and Brew Bible and Brew is BACK At a NEW time!! Tuesday mornings at 900am. Bring your brew (coffee, tea) and Bible to CPC at 9:00 am Tuesday mornings for Bible study for 1 hour. Pajamas welcome!!
- An ongoing opportunity to pledge to the work of God in this church is always available. Find a pledge card in the church pew or in the office.
- Per Capita Donations Gladly Accepted! The Presbyterian Church (USA) requires a per member payment from each local church in order to finance ministry and mission at the presbytery, synod, and national levels of the church. For the year 2019 the per capita (per member) is $39.45. Envelopes for per capita donations are found in the pews, or bring to the church office.
- Support Iron County Care and Share-fill the shopping cart that is sitting in the Welcome Center! The food for December is Canned Ham!
Thank you for your joyous generosity! http://www.careandshare-ut.org
Abigail Circle will start meeting again January 15-February 19, 2020. We will meet at the library from 4-5pm. Bring your Bible and a snack-no prep required! Tnere will be no meetings during November and December. Any questions-contact Jane 702-375-5813, or Gen 559-6822.
The next meeting is December 19, at 1pm at the church. Contact Sonya Swatsley at 867-8436.